Tuesday, September 9, 2014

initials drawings


11 comments:

  1. Okay, these are lovely, however BM is not something you want to be identified as... Just... It's not a good acronym. So adding the e would be highly suggested. You demonstrate lovely variation and innovation amongst the various fonts. I enjoy the first, especially the M, its unique and memorable. Maybe play with the idea of combining it with the lower case b second lowest from the left. The most unified logo is on the right, in the middle. It's simple, readable, and unified throughout the letters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that the joining of the B and M in the middle of the second from bottom row is the best looking one, although the M from the top left is my favorite. I think a combination of the two would be the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like most of these designs are "graffiti bubble" letter inspired. The bottom right one is the most memorable to me due to its combination of curves and straight lines. The "B" is a great example of combination of lines and curves. If you could emulate something similar with the M, you have a winner. I don't necessarily like the huge difference in size proportions with the letters, but that's a personal preference. I feel like the bottom right logo would go well with a color gradient crossover (going from a dark color on the bottom left to a lighter color in the top right).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the first one on the top left because it stands out to me the most. It is simple but its also creative and different from regular letters. The graffiti style is nice if it will represent you, so it is also appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the top comment on the unattractiveness of "BM". "BEM" is cool tho I think. I dig the blocky letters, just make sure that the top and bottom of your letters are flush. I really can't judge you though since my thumbnails were sloppy. You'll get there. (Arrows are cool on letters)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the one in the upper righthand corner. I like the look of the arrows and the simplistic details. The only other thing I would comment on is just to be careful with bubble letters because they do not look as cool when they are shrunk down or really tiny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like the 4th one on the right, ii think its creative and different. its like a peace sign down if it had hands or whatever. i color fill could do it more justice, which would make it more bold and stick out from other brands. the bubble theme of the initials can go a long way and stick out, but not get lost in translation, because the letters will still be readable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The second ow from the bottom in the middle.. I like it because the B is shaped really nicely, but i do feel that you could shape the M a bit differently.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought the designs that stood out to me the most were the upper left and the middle figure within the 3rd row. I thought they were created in a simple way that made it understandable to know what is going on and with the use of color, it can make a bold statement.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the second bem is simple and looks really good. add a little color and it would be great but you might lose a little of the lines showing form when you size it down.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The BEM with the arrows is the one i like the most. It's unique and gives the style some flavor . i also the like the 3rd one down on the right because it stands out and really doesn't need much to it. Turning your initials into graffiti gives it a unique style

    ReplyDelete